Legal Notices & personal data
A French "Société par Actions Simplifiée" (S.A.S.)
Registered with the French Register of Commerce of Paris
Under number: B 441 757 614 on the 24th of April 2012
Registered Capital 76,122 €
Intra-European VAT number: FR72441757614
Address for Legal Notices
26, rue Berri 75008 Paris - France
Tél : +44 (20) 38070628
Wifirst, having its registered office at 26, rue de Berri, 75008 Paris, France, in its capacity as a controller of your personal data collected as part of using its services, takes particular care to comply with the regulations on the protection of personal data: Law No. 78-17 of 6 January 1978, as amended, on data processing, data files and civil liberties and Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data.
The data collected directly by Wifirst, as well as the data sent to it by its customers where the Wifirst infrastructure is installed, so that you may benefit from its services (identifying data) is used:
- to process and respond to your requests for information concerning Wifirst or its services;
- to ensure implementation of the electronic communication services provided by Wifirst as part of the contract for the use of services (provision of the service, maintenance, assistance, aftersales and, where applicable, billing and recovery). Whenever Wifirst asks you to send it your data, the essential information without which it cannot respond to your request or provide its services will be marked with an asterisk;
- to fulfil the legal obligations by which Wifirst is bound (obligations regarding accounting, tax, storage of technical data relating to the performance of its activities as an operator registered with ARCEP with a view to its transmission to the competent authorities, and exercising your rights to your data, etc.);
- unless you object, to meet the legitimate needs of Wifirst to achieve a better understanding of the its users' requirements (conducting statistical studies, satisfaction surveys, analyses and audience measurement) and to improve and adapt its offers and services, which may lead Wifirst to send you marketing messages concerning its services; and
- unless you object, to help certain Wifirst customers where the Wifirst infrastructure is installed, and who wish to do so, to develop a better understanding of their own customers by passing on certain data concerning your use of Wifirst’s services.
- Should those Wifirst customers consider sending you electronic marketing messages, they may only do so with your consent, which you may withdraw at any time.
3- Data retention periods
Your data is stored:
- with regard to most data relating to use of the service: for the duration of the subscribed service plus the statute of limitations for any action that might arise in your relationship with Wifirst, i.e. five years in most cases;
- with regard to legal obligations for data retention: for the period fixed by the applicable laws and regulations (one year for technical data on the use of services and up to ten years for accounting records); and
- with regard to data that is necessary for the purposes of customer understanding and improving Wifirst’s services: for a maximum of three years following the end of your relationship with Wifirst.
Your data is intended for use by Wifirst’s services. Some of your data will also be made available to Wifirst’s technical service providers (‘processors’ as defined by the regulations) and to other technical operators involved in the transmission of electronic communications, strictly for the purposes of providing Wifirst’s services. Your data will only be transferred outside of Europe in cases where this proves essential for those purposes (transmission of communications to or from abroad in particular).
As part of certain partnerships that grant you access to Wifirst’s services, some of your data may be sent to Wifirst’s customers where Wifirst infrastructures have been installed.
5- Individual rights
At any time, you may exercise your rights free of charge (except in the case of manifest abuse) in the circumstances and within the limits provided for by the regulations regarding those rights, namely your rights to:
- rectify incorrect data;
- delete certain data and/or limit certain types of processing;
- request the portability of the data that you have sent to us and that is used by Wifirst solely for the purposes of performing your contract; and
- determine what happens to your data after your death.
These rights can be exercised with Wifirst:
by telephone: +44 20 380 70 628
by e-mail: email@example.com
by post: Wifirst – Customer Service– Private Data – 26, rue de Berri – 75008 Paris – France
In order for Wifirst to respond to your request while also protecting the security of your data, you must provide us with your first name, last name, e-mail address and a copy of an identity document (ID card, passport, residence card). You must also state the e-mail or postal address where you would like to receive a response, as well as any other information required to justify your request in the event that the right you wish to exercise is limited by the regulations in force.
6- Further information / complaints
For any additional information or any problems regarding the use of your data, you may contact Wifirst’s Data Protection Officer (DPO) at the following address:
by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
by post: Wifirst – Data Protection Officer – 26, rue de Berri – 75008 Paris – France
In the event that an issue cannot be resolved, you may refer the matter to the British Information Commissioner's Office (ICO).